QuickBooks Outlook is not Responding
There are many QuickBooks users who use Outlook email client from Microsoft to make their workflow better. The Outlook account is way much better than just sending and receiving emails and can be used for many other purposes. Besides, they are also compatible to work with the 3rd party applications. In fact, one can use Outlook account as the default account in their QuickBooks software.
However, there are times when users face configuration issues that may cause their QuickBooks outlook is not responding, and this can also stop their workflow drastically. Now, if you are someone who is facing the same QuickBooks Outlook problem, then here’s what you need to understand fixing it.
Reasons Why Your QuickBooks Email Outlook Is Being Unresponsive
The following are the few reasons due to which your QuickBooks Outlook is not responding.
- Improper installation of Outlook email client in your system.
- Outlook or QuickBooks isn’t updated to its latest version.
- The Outlook email configuration file – MAPI32.d11, is missing or damaged
- Invalid settings in your Outlook account.
- Another email client is running in the background processes and trying to fetch emails through the QuickBooks application.
- Firewall setting issues
- Incorrect Outlook and QuickBooks credentials are being used.
Top Methods To Fix Unresponsive QuickBooks Email Outlook
Here are the top things that you can do to fix the issues that may have caused your QuickBooks 2020 outlook is not responding.
End The Outlook Processes Via Task Manager
- In your Windows PC, scroll to the taskbar, right-click on it and select Task Manager.
- Move to the Processes tab, look for Outlook, and select every process related to it and then select End Process.
- Restart Outlook and try to send an email from your QuickBooks application to ensure that the issue is fixed.
Do Not Run QuickBooks As Administrator
- Close QuickBooks (if opened already), then open the Windows start menu.
- Enter QuickBooks in the search bar, right-click on the QuickBooks’ icon and then click on Open File Location.
- Now, look for the QuickBooks.exe, right-click on it and then select Properties.
- Next, select Compatibility, uncheck the “Run this program as Administrator” box.
- Or else, click on Show Settings for All Users, then select Apply and then finally hit the OK option.
Correct The Email Preferences In QuickBooks
- Launch the QuickBooks application, scroll to the Edit option and then select Preferences.
- Now, select Send Forms then move to the My Preferences tab and select Send an email.
- Select OK to return to the Edit tab and then again select Preferences.
- Here, select Send Forms, then select QuickBooks Email under the My Preferences tab.
- Now, select Outlook as your preferred email and select Ok for confirmation.
Reboot your PC and then you should be able to get rid of the QuickBooks 2020 outlook is not responding problem.
Do Not Run QuickBooks In Compatibility Mode – If Using Windows Version 7 Or Vista
- At first, Close all the windows and then exit from QuickBooks.
- Next, scroll to the QuickBooks icon, right-click on it and then choose Properties under the drop-down menu.
- Now hit the Compatibility tab, and see if the “Run this program in compatibility mode” option is unchecked.
- Hereafter hit the OK option and then reboot the QuickBooks application.
- Finally, try to send an email via using the QuickBooks application and then see if the issue is fixed now.
Therefore, you should be able to fix the problem that may have caused your QuickBooks outlook is not responding. If the issue is still persisting, then contact the tech-support professionals at QuickBooks.
How do I connect Outlook to QuickBooks?
How do I troubleshoot QuickBooks?
Computer Tech Support | Free Tech Support Online
Doing an important work on your computer and suddenly it has stopped working and starting to show s...
Garmin GPS not connecting to Computer
What are the necessary steps to take if Garmin GPS is not connecting to the compute...
Windows blue screen error
An ultimate guide to resolving blue screen error with Windows